A U.S. Balanced Budget Amendment that at a minimum:
1. Prohibits total federal spending from increasing faster than inflation up to 2% plus population growth with exceptions for Social Security and national emergencies.
2. Stipulates the state convention mode of ratification (a vote of the people).
– The Let Us Vote for a Balanced Budget Amendment Resolution that:
1. Sets the time and place (“call”) for an Article V Convention of States to propose a U.S. Balanced Budget Amendment upon receipt of 34 BBA or Any-Subject Applications. (Note: there are currently 33 Article V Applications: 27 BBA & 6 on Any-Subject.)
2. Voids any convention-proposed amendment unrelated to balancing the federal budget.
3. Stipulates the state convention mode of ratification (a vote of the people).
** Candidates for State Legislature Pledge to:
1. Support a Balanced Budget Amendment Article V Application in these states.
2. Support a State Law that prevents Amendment Convention Commissioners from proposing amendments unrelated to the subject(s) stipulated by my state legislature in these states.
3. Oppose Rescission of The Balanced Budget Amendment or Any-Subject Article V Applications in these states.
4. Urge my state’s Congressional Delegation to support a Balanced Budget Amendment proposed by Congress or the States, which, in either case, stipulates the state convention mode of ratification (a vote of the people).