The Debt is Rising Unchecked
Who should solve the problem?
The American People
deserve better than this.
Now is the Time
to let the American people’s voice be heard.
Our Growing National Debt:
Try your hand at balancing the budget and save us from a coming debt crisis.
Candidates for President and U.S. Congress Pledge to SUPPORT both:
A U.S. Balanced Budget Amendment that at a minimum:
- Prohibits total annual federal spending from increasing faster than inflation up to 2% plus population growth with exceptions for social security and national emergencies.
- Stipulates the state convention mode of ratification (a vote of the people)
- Sets the time and place (“call”) for an Article V Convention of States to propose a U.S. Balanced Budget Amendment,
- Voids any convention-proposed amendment unrelated to balancing the federal budget and
- Stipulates the state convention mode of ratification (a vote of the people).
The National Budget in the news!
Keep up-to-date on the state of our nation’s budget, spending and what’s being done about it:
A Convention for Proposing Amendments is within reach, while New Jersey ponders a rescission. In this Press Release from the Let Us Vote for a Balanced Budget Amendment Citizens Campaign, David Biddulph asserts that “If New Jersey preserves its historic application to call a convention, 34 states could propose an Americans’ Prosperity First Amendment as soon as next year and let the people vote on ratification.”
The Swiss budget for 2020 will have a $615 million surplus. Justin Bogie’s piece for The Heritage Foundation (July 8, 2019) suggests that the secret to Swiss success is their following of effective fiscal rules.
The alarm is sounding once again on federal spending, and few in Congress are paying attention serious problems that America faces if it doesn’t get the nation’s finances into order …