The Debt is Rising Unchecked
Who should solve the problem?
The American People
deserve better than this.
Now is the Time
to let the American people’s voice be heard.
Our Growing National Debt:
Try your hand at balancing the budget and save us from a coming debt crisis.
Candidates for President and U.S. Congress Pledge to SUPPORT both:
A U.S. Balanced Budget Amendment that at a minimum:
- Prohibits total annual federal spending from increasing faster than inflation up to 2% plus population growth with exceptions for social security and national emergencies.
- Stipulates the state convention mode of ratification (a vote of the people)
- Sets the time and place (“call”) for an Article V Convention of States to propose a U.S. Balanced Budget Amendment,
- Voids any convention-proposed amendment unrelated to balancing the federal budget and
- Stipulates the state convention mode of ratification (a vote of the people).
The National Budget in the news!
Keep up-to-date on the state of our nation’s budget, spending and what’s being done about it:
Congressional Candidate Yvette Herrell Pledges to “Let Us Vote for a U.S. Balanced Budget Amendment”
“The People should be empowered by Congress to vote on the ratification of a BBA, as they were when Prohibition was repealed with the 21st Amendment in 1933.”
The Swiss budget for 2020 will have a $615 million surplus. Justin Bogie’s piece for The Heritage Foundation (July 8, 2019) suggests that the secret to Swiss success is their following of effective fiscal rules.
Economics professors Dr. John Merrifield and Dr. Barry Poulson are hopeful that moderate Democrat support for a Balanced Budget Amendment may provide the basis for a successful bipartisan resolution.
The alarm is sounding once again on federal spending, and few in Congress are paying attention serious problems that America faces if it doesn’t get the nation’s finances into order …